Divorce Attorney Hugh O'Donnell
As a divorce attorney with more than 40 years of family law and mediation experience, I have seen firsthand how challenging the divorce process and resolving civil disputes can be for most people. Often people are emotionally overwhelmed at the exact time when they need to be thinking clearly and making sound decisions that will shape their futures for years to come. When the divorce process becomes a contentious fight, it can make that difficult situation worse.
Divorce does not need to be a fight. Family mediation and the collaborative divorce can help people to craft divorce agreements that are better for them in both the short and long terms. Not only do these processes keep decision-making power in the hands of the divorcing couple rather than ceding it to a judge, there are cost savings, time savings and less stress in addition to many other advantages.
I have spent my career working to improve my skills as a mediator, collaborative divorce attorney and divorce litigator so that I could offer my clients the path toward the resolution that works the best for them. I am committed to helping people use mediation, collaborative law and the courts to build a better future for themselves.
- Licensed Attorney in both Missouri and Kansas
- Approved Mediator by the courts in both Missouri and Kansas
- Over 40 years experience
- Performs thousands of successful mediations
- Introduced collaborative law to Missouri and co-founded the
- Collaborative Law Institute of Missouri (now Collaborative Divorce Professionals)
- Charter member - Association of Missouri Mediators
- Conducts numerous collaborative law and mediation trainings,including a mediation training for the Jackson County Circuit Judges.
- Hugh has conducted advance mediation trainings on the island of Hawaii on interpreting body language and facial expression as an aide in mediating.
- Tries numerous jury trials successfully and has settled cases in excess
of a million dollars
- Chairman - Missouri Bar Intervention Committee
- Associate Editor of Law Review
- Former State of Missouri Assistant Attorney General
- UMKC School of Law, 1973
- Member of Collaborative Practice Kansas City